You can download this step-by-step guide on how to disinfect wood furniture here.
Due to COVID-19, you may be wondering how to sanitize wood furniture. It is important to remember to follow the CDC’s most current guidance when it comes to cleaning and disinfecting wood furniture. To disinfect wood furniture, you want to remember to always wear disposable gloves. You will also want to make sure the room is well-ventilated. If you can open a door or window to promote better air flow, you should do so. You may also want to consider wearing a mask while using disinfectants.
Mask, Disposable Gloves, Dish Soap (We prefer Dawn brand), White Vinegar, Water, Spray Bottle, 3 lint free rags
How to Disinfect Wood
- Put on your disposable gloves for cleaning.
- To disinfect wood Furniture, you’ll want to make sure the furniture’s wood surface is free of dust and debris. Take one of the lint free rags and thoroughly go over the surface area of the wood furniture until all dust and debris are removed.
- Now you will want to mix up your cleaning and disinfecting solution. We prefer to use a DIY solution of white vinegar, water, and dish soap in a clean spray bottle. Pour 2 cups of water per 1 cup of white vinegar into the spray bottle. Add 5-6 drops of dish soap. We prefer Dawn brand dish soap. Shake the bottle to thoroughly mix the solution.
- Remove or cover any upholstered parts of the furniture. Spray the solution onto the wood. Dampen one of your lint free rags. Ring out any excess water. Use the damp rag to wipe off the DIY cleaning solution. Make sure not to leave any cleaning solution behind. Continue cleaning the rest of your wood furniture.
- Wipe all the furniture down with the dry, lint free rag.
- Enjoy your freshly disinfected and clean wood furniture